Hot Cross Buns
Prep Time: 3 Hours
Yields: 18 servings
Ingredients:3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole milk, warmed
1 packet active dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp table salt
1/4 cup sugar
5 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 pouch Betty Crocker® White Decorating Cookie Icing
Instructions: 1. Whisk together the warmed milk, yeast, cinnamon, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer or in a large bowl.
2. Add the flour, butter, and egg. If using a mixer, mix for 10 minutes on low with dough hook attachment. If you do now have a mixer, knead by hand for about 15 minutes or until a soft, elastic dough forms.
3. Fold in the cranberries.
4. Cover bowl and let rise until dough has doubled in size, about 1-2 hours.
5. Once dough is doubled, roll dough into 1/4 cup sized round balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
6. While dough is rising, preheat oven to 400°F.
7. Uncover dough, and bake for 10-15 minutes.
8. When buns have cooled, use the Betty Crocker® Cookie Icing to pipe crosses on top of each bun.